Therapydia Rutland is a physical therapy and wellness clinic created to promote health and optimize function. At Therapydia Rutland, you will experience a different approach to physical therapy with one-on-one private treatments with a licensed physical therapist throughout your recovery. Our highly trained physical therapists provide individualized and holistic treatments designed to help you reach your personal goals. We consider every patient as an individual on the path from rehabilitation to performance and we offer on-going strength and conditioning training programs to help improve function and keep you injury-free.
Your physician may refer you to physical therapy prior to your operation. Similar to postoperative rehabilitation, your preoperative therapy will be an individualized program designed to strengthen muscles and improve range of motion. There are 4 main benefits of going to see a PT prior to surgery:
- Minimize pain and swelling – Patients may have to wait for their swelling to decrease before they can have their surgery. Patients with less swelling going into surgery tend to improve more quickly post surgery.
- Increase muscle strength – Muscle atrophy naturally occurs when movement is diminished. It is critical to reactivate your muscles to restore function.
- Restore range of motion – Getting your range of motion back to normal prior to surgery will help decrease the risk of postoperative stiffness. Once it gets tight, it is really difficult to get your motion back.
- Patient education – Surgery will impact your normal movements. We help educate patients on on proper ways to get in and out of bed, from a sitting position, and how to use assistive devices such as crutches or a walker. Studies have shown that athletes who do not participate in pre-hab take longer to return to their sport.
Just one or two sessions of preoperative physical therapy has been shown to reduce postoperative care by over more than $1000 for hip or knee replacement patients. Due to effectiveness of pre-hab, more and more insurances cover preoperative physical therapy. If you have questions about your coverage, we’ll happily call your insurance for you. The stronger and more prepared you are prior to surgery, the better the results.
Recover From Surgery With Private Physical Therapy Treatments
The goal of physical therapy is to help restore normal function after injury or surgery and to provide strategies for injury prevention. You will work one-on-one with a physical therapist who will conduct a thorough examination and develop a plan specific to your needs and goals. Your treatment may include manual techniques, movement-based therapies, or a combination of different methods. Our therapists are trained in a variety of assessment and treatment techniques and movement-based techniques such as yoga and TRX.
Common surgeries we’ve treated include:
- Total & partial joint replacements
- Knee (ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL reconstruction)
- Ligament or tendon reconstructions (Rotator cuff repair)
- Cervical surgeries (spinal fusion)
- Hip surgeries (fractures or replacements)
At Therapydia Rutland, we have multiple private treatment rooms to meet your physical therapy needs. Beyond recovery, we also offer on-going training and wellness programs to help you reach your fitness and injury prevention goals.
Reach Your Fitness Goal With Post-Rehab Strength Training
In addition to being dedicated to getting our patients back to their pre-injury self, we also have a passion for helping them to continue to lead healthy and balanced lives. After you finish your physical therapy program, you can seamlessly transition into our strength and conditioning program to regain strength, mobility and flexibility. For our surgical patients, we offer a discounted private strength and conditioning training package to get you closer to your post-rehab goals. Contact us to learn more.
Benefits of Post-PT Strength and Conditioning Training:
- Increase strength, mobility and flexibility within injured area
- Improve whole body strength for faster recovery
- Safely engage in exercise programs that evolve with your progress
Additionally, we offer yoga and TRX fitness programs that are instructed by licensed physical therapists and athletic trainers who provide an informative and safe workout and offer strategies for injury prevention. Private and small group classes available.