20-50 million people are injured or disabled due to car accidents each year. Car accidents can be extremely stressful, burdensome and financially costly. Most people who have been in a car crash don’t feel symptoms, like pain and mobility problems, until days or even weeks after the accident. This is why it’s so important to receive immediate medical treatment following a car accident. Common injuries after a car accident include whiplash, headaches, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain.
At Therapydia Rutland, we offer same and next day appointments for anyone who has been in a car accident.
Whiplash Pain Treatment
Whiplash is the most reported injury after a traffic collision and with this type of neck pain, there are multiple variables involved that can contribute to the severity, recovery, and overall impact on your life.
Although you may not feel symptoms until days or even weeks after the car accident, these symptoms include pain and mobility problems:
- Stiffness to neck, arms, upper back, and even the face
- Numbness into arms, neck and upper back
- Headache, dizziness, nausea
- Generalized weakness but more with head and neck
- Altered sleeping habits and patterns
- Difficulty with concentration
Choose Physical Therapy For Car Accident Injuries
Physical therapists are often one of the first medical professionals to see after a car accident. At Therapydia, our physical therapists will work with you individually to conduct a comprehensive head-to-toe analysis with the goal of developing a custom treatment program unique to you. The goal of physical therapy is to help you repair and strengthen damaged muscles and tissues. In more severe neurological cases, a physical therapist can help you re-learn everyday activities such as brushing your teeth or opening a door.
- Manual therapy techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing
- Specific corrective exercises to address neck dysfunction and weakness
- Joint mobilization to restore neck and spine movement
- Postural training to reduce neck, back and shoulder injury
See a physical therapist today to identify early warning signs of whiplash or auto-related injuries and pain to improve outcomes and prevent chronic problems.
Request an Appointment
“They are all pleasant and caring & understanding. It amazes me that they can pinpoint the problem and work on it without me exactly locating it for them. I would recommend Therapydia to anybody.”